Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I've Written Of

I've written of Nature and Nature's beauty I've seen
Of the bluebells in Spring on the ditch of the bohreen
And I've written about the paddocks bare and brown
Of the quiet outback far from the nearest town.

I've written of animals, insects and bees
And territorial songbirds singing on sunlit trees
And I've written of fish and amphibians and flowers
And of rivers flowing bank high swollen by heavy showers.

I've written of people I know and have known
And though my rhymes may not be good they are surely my own
For they came from me that I vouch to be true
And I only ask out of life what I am due.

Penning of rhyme is a 'hungry belly game' some are known to say
Yet in Nature and life something to write about every day
And though I am not a poet I have said that before
I write for the love of it and nothing more.

I've written of the fellow who grieves for his wife
And I've written of love and I've written of life
And though my best years to the long forgotten have gone
For as long as I live I will be penning on.

No comments:

Post a Comment