Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Visualization Of Semaphore

The wide beach and the long jetty two things I like about Semaphore
A beautiful Town by the ocean I say what has been said by others before
The long Streets of Semaphore Road that end at the beachfront of cafes and community clubs
In a place that is known for it's character and it's famous old hotels and pubs
An old coastal Town in South Australia a historical place worthy of note
Of endearing characters and cultural people and many an artist and musician and poet
A place that has inspired many a story and given rise to song, poetry and rhyme
Not a place for greedy developers it doesn't change much with the passing of time
The cooing of doves and the calls of the silver gulls and the familiar song of the pee wee
And the chattering of the willy wagtail in the sunlit park by the sea
And the beautiful flute like song of the Aussie magpie in the quiet just after sunrise
Great memories of visited beauty comes to me when I visualize
And often in my flights of fancy I return to old Semaphore
An old coastal Town in South Australia where beauty remains to the fore.

No comments:

Post a Comment