Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Old Cow In The Paddock

The old cow in the paddock is no different to i
We were born of a mother and one day we will die
We live for awhile death is forever more
None have come back to tell us of life beyond this Earthly shore.

Many of us humans are enamoured in our own conceit
With each other for success we always compete
Yet the billionaire and the pauper will be equal one day
No competition for success where dead people lay.

The old cow in the paddock she does not understand
That death too will come to her perhaps by human hand
Her trust in human kind is misplaced one can say
And often for trust there's a huge price to pay.

The old cow in the paddock is no different to me
As we were both born to mortality
My span of time may be longer but for me too an end
I'm no better than she is so why should I pretend

That I'm someone special since that is not true
If we are born to die then death is our due
And the cow in the paddock in one way only different to i
She does not realize that she is going to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment