Friday, May 25, 2012

I've Never Been

I've never been a soldier or fought in a war
And though from my old Hometown I have travelled far
I have never grown wealthy and never known fame
And I feel happy that few even know me by name.

I've never been anyway useful at sport
At football or golf or on the tennis court
Some call me a loser those with words who are cruel
In the age of aggression the most aggressive rule.

Though some of the big World out there I have seen
A God fearing person I never have been
Of the one known as God only good things we hear
And if god is all good then him why should we fear?

Though I have travelled far from my old native home
I have never been to the Coliseum in Rome
Or been to the Pyramids or seen China's great Wall
In the future such memories I won't have to recall.

I have never been good at any one thing
And others my praises they never will sing
The hard roads of life I have walked up and down
And I live many miles from my northern Hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment