Saturday, May 28, 2011

In Shoreham

In Shoreham in the wood beside the sea
The yellow robins there are almost tame
One of them perched on branch two foot from me
'If he could speak he'd say I'm glad you came'.

In Shoreham where the waves lap on the shore
Three red capped dotterels running up and down
The older male chase the juveniles away
'If he could speak he'd say I wear the crown'.

In Shoreham as the ocean waves retreat
The silver gulls devour invetebrates
'If they could speak they'd say these taste okay
But not as good as scraps off of human dinner plates'.

In Shoreham to her nest hole high in tree
The starling to her young with morsels fly
'If she could speak I'm sure she well might say
My children I can't please though hard I try'.

And in Shoreham I could only visualize
As I walked through the wood and by the sea
That if they could speak what they might have to say
Mother Nature's children the wild born and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment