Thursday, August 1, 2013

Yes I'm A Lucky Fellow

I've had my share of down times in my life's wasted years
And i have known grown macho men who were reduced to tears
At the sad news of the passing of a dear friend far away
No person above feelings that would be true to say,
I've done a little traveling I know the taste of beer
And i can be loyal as anyone can be to those i love dear
But that can be said of most people though our true friends are so few
Yet to that you very well may say tell us something that is new,
Suppose i am quite lucky to have enough to drink and eat
Enough clean water enough of milk and bread enough of vegetables, fruit and meat
A warm bed to sleep in millions are homeless tonight
For many far too many life's a constant uphill fight
Yes I'm a lucky fellow though sometimes i feel down
Even though the years have left me gray and balder my hair was once dark brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment