Sunday, July 21, 2013

Of Any Success In My Life

Of any success in my life of such i can't name
I'm just a rhymer from Millstreet who will never know of fame
A bloke from Claraghatlea close to Millstreet Town
Though that would not rate as a claim to renown.

Now in the late Autumn of my living span
I live far from where i grew into a man
And the old fields that often inspired me to rhyme
Eventually we all become victims of time.

It has been awhile since I've heard the robin sing
In a leafy grove in the northern Spring
When the lush green fields wore their wildflowers of May
North of this Southern Country in miles far away.

Where dark brown white breasted dipper often sings in the rill
That babbles to the river down the field by the hill
I grew to love Nature when i was a boy
And learning about her i still do enjoy.

The word poet was not meant for a rhymer like me
A fellow from Millstreet is all i can wish to be
My best days in life to the forever gone
But for as long as i can rhyme I'll keep rhyming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment