Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Once Was A Boy As You Are Now

I once was a boy as you are now when my hair was dark brown
In Claraghatlea far north of here near famous Millstreet Town
The sports i played and that you play as different as can be
But your strong bond to Nature makes you similar to me
The yellow robin and the rufous whistler, the magpie and the pale eyed crow
Birds that live in the nearby wood by their voices you know
When i was young in Claraghatlea i knew most birds by their song
The dunnock, chaffinch and goldfinch one never could get wrong,
In a World of billions of people the Human World of today
Nature in need of every friend that would seem fair to say
Due to habitat destruction due to financial greed wild creatures becoming rare
More species nearer to extinction for every new millionaire
I once was a boy as you are now but that was long ago
Far north of here near Millstreet Town where Finnow waters flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment