Monday, May 20, 2013

Your Own Business

What you think of me of course is your own business and surely your own business cannot be mine
If you dislike me for whatever reason I can live with that for that does suit me fine
But if you say nice things of me for me all the better for kindness shown to us we should feel glad
At my stage of life I'm just happy to be living and in life we must take the good with the bad
The wise old bloke Joe well into his eighties says life does not owe us anything
It is the thought of death I only fear he tells me and the praises of life he's happy to sing
He is eighty six but he wants to keep on living to cancer eight years back he lost his wife
But he wants to live for as long as he can live for he is one who is in love with life
Although it is said what we dislike in others in our own selves these things we also see
But I'd much prefer the saying of live and let live it does surely make a lot more sense to me
What I think of others it is surely my own business and surely my own business is my own
One must sort of envy those who do have few to judge them the people who to many are not known
And what you think of me of course is your own business and your business it never can be mine
If you dislike me for whatever reason I can live with that and that does suit me fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment