Tuesday, May 28, 2013

If I Said I'd Quit Rhyming

I never refer to myself as a poet
Nor do I deserve to be one of literary note
Though for many years now I have been a rhyme buff
And I am one who has penned a whole heap of stuff
Though I have traveled far and walked on many a street
A true poet in the flesh is one I have yet to meet
Many like to refer to themselves as poet with me that is okay
Though self praise is no praise as some are known to say
Yet the Wordsmith trade need all of it's writers for the experts to differentiate
Between poor and average writing and between good and great
But on few things in life few do seem to agree
And what seems good to you may not seem so to me
If I said I'd quit rhyming that would be a lie
As a poetaster I live and as a poetaster I'll die.

No comments:

Post a Comment