Thursday, April 26, 2012

We Should Make The Most Of Every Day

We should make the most of every day and life's challenge enjoy
For the longer that we live 'tis said the sooner we will die
The people who have the most power are mere mortals after all
They too have a use by date on them like brown leaves of the Fall.

I'm not the man I used to be the years have left me gray
But I'm determined for to make the most of every day
We age a bit with every hour and short is our time span
But do as honest people do and live long as you can.

So many people doing it hard in the big World out there
And many have the right to say that life to them's unfair
I too could have been born in the slums but luck is on my side
And if I should die tomorrow a good life I'll have enjoyed.

The gap between the haves and have nots is widening and it only grows and grows
And the wealthy getting wealthier that's life I do suppose
And the poor keep getting poorer and their numbers multiply
And only the very privileged life's luxuries can enjoy.

We may be at the wrong end of the great social divide
But we should make the most of living since time's not on our side
On our lives the clock is ticking and it ticks and ticks away
And I feel grateful to be living when I wake to light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment