Monday, April 30, 2012

Marie Reen

Of late I hear she has been quite ill
But one can only hope in time she will
Recover fully and good health regain
And enjoy a life free of any physical pain.

One I recall from many years ago
On meeting she always smiled and said hello
And my good memories remain evergreen
Of Marie the wife of Frankie Reen.

With long brown hair and a marvellous smile
A lovely lady free of guile
And unaffected by conceit
People like her are nice to meet.

She is close to the three score years maybe
Her husband Frank is one age with me
One of the bright pupils in Millstreet Primary School
Where I sat on the dunce's stool.

My wish for her is to make a full recovery
And of any ache or pain live free
And that to an old age she will live
Since to life she still has much to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment