Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Ask For A Peaceful Existence

I ask for a peaceful existence as some say to live and let live
All of those who have wronged me in some way I only can say I forgive
But each time I listen to the news on the radio the saddest news I only hear
Of more deaths due to shootings and bombings we have become the targets of fear.

Our leaders support the bombings of what they call rogue Nations and other people terrorize
And that we should be targets of revenge acts of terror to us should not come as any surprise
The World is becoming more violent and more dying in the violent way
I long for a peaceful existence to live and let live one might say.

We now have this so called war on terror and thousands of people injured and dead in Iraq
Those with limbs missing must live with their awful injuries and the dead to life can't be brought back
In war and acts of terrorism 'tis mostly the innocent who suffer and 'tis mostly the innocent who die
Why do we choose such terrible leaders we ought to all ask ourselves why?

Even us in so called Democratic Countries why do we choose men who love war?
The troops meant to defend our borders from our borders they are sent far
For to hone their fighting skills in other Nations thousands of miles from their home shore
I ask for a peaceful existence just that alone and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment