Friday, November 25, 2011

I Am Not A Well Known Person

I am not a well known person and I've never known fame
Yet everywhere I go to someone calls me by my name
And everywhere I go to someone will say hello
And say I've never met you before though you I seem to know.

I am not a well known person though I like it that way
Yet everywhere I go to someone to me will say
Your face does look familiar I know you from somewhere
Perhaps down at the local pub I may have seen you there.

I am not a well known person just a face in the crowd
And I don't have achievements of which I can feel proud
Yet people I cannot recall have come and said to me
Your face it looks familiar and I have a memory

Of seeing you not that long ago though where I cannot say
Perhaps in a city bound train on football finals day
Or maybe at the shopping center or at the super store
Your face I do remember as I have seen you before.

I am not a well known person not that well known at all
Though strangers often say to me your face I can recall
Down at the local market or on the street maybe
But then who knows for another they may have mistaken me.

No comments:

Post a Comment