Friday, April 22, 2011

He Told Me Jesus Loves You

He wished me a happy new year and to me reached his hand
And you might say that we 'shook on it' yet I could not understand
When he told me Jesus loves you 'methought' how would he know
The thoughts of one who lived on this Earth two thousand years ago

If as he says Jesus loves me his feelings he don't show
My credit card is overdrawn and my debts to the bank grow
And if Jesus really loves me he would not see me poor
He would not leave me cash strapped and financially insecure

At Southbank after midnight the fireworks lit the sky
And thousands were looking skywards and whooping loud with joy
And balloons were bursting and sparklers sparkling and neon lights did shine
And on the stage Vanetta Fields was singing 'Auld Lang Syne'.

And a bloke in his twenties wished me a happy new year
But when he said that Jesus loves you I did not pretend to hear
For how could he or anyone ever profess to know
The thoughts of one who lived on Earth two thousand years ago?.

No comments:

Post a Comment