Saturday, April 30, 2011

He Deserved To Be Treated Better

I suppose for our acts of self abuse in some ways we must pay
I picked up a bloke who was hitching a lift at 10-30 a.m. today
As he hobbled out of Wonthaggi minus his shirt and shoes
He said he had lost them somehow on his night out on the booze.

For one scarcely in his twenties he looked a sorry sight
He told me in the police cell he had spent most of the night
And without shoes and a shirt to wear at nine they set him free
Some of these so called guardians of the law lack in their humanity.

He desreved to be treated better for he did not seem a crim
Just a wayward young person and there's many more like him
And I bet if those who released him without shirt and shoes have children of their own
They would not feel good about it if such disrespect to them was shown.

On his way back home to Seaford one I'd never seen or known
And I dropped him off at Tooradin which was nearer to his home
For his night out in Wonthaggi in hardship he did pay
And as we shook hands in parting he wished me a 'good day'.

No comments:

Post a Comment