Friday, April 22, 2011

By The Cover You Can't Judge The Book

It has been said by those who profess to know
That our body language our personality show
That a truthful person will look you in the face
Which seems a 'load of bull' in any case.

And that every liar eye contact will avoid
As if the soul has secrets for to hide
But if by the cover you can't judge the book
Then how can you judge people by how they look.

It's been said that conceit in one you can see
By their body language perhaps this well might be
But many of the people who seemed to me conceited were not that way at all
And thought has often proved me wrong I now recall.

A few people that I had grown to trust
Proved sly and two faced much to my disgust
And one of them even stole from my purse
And though proven guilty me he did not reimburse.

Psychologists even have been known to disagree
Whether on body language one can read personality
And if by the cover you can't judge the book
How can you judge people by how they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment