Saturday, June 29, 2013

Due To Circumstance Of Birth

Due to circumstance of birth i was born and raised in Ireland and i am of Irish Race
But I'm never nationalistic or patriotic though i have a sense of place
I've never worn the tricolor of Ireland and waved an Irish flag
And i never seem to warm to people of Nationhood who brag
I was born and raised in Claraghatlea in Millstreet far north of this southern shore
By ancient Clara Mountain overlooking Claramore
There i first fell in love with Nature when i was a young boy
And learning of her flora and fauna something i do still enjoy
Of the workings and ways of Nature I've so much to learn and know
And the more i learn of her the more my wonder of her grow
As much as every other life form to Nature we belong
And those who tell you otherwise i feel have got it wrong
We all are very different and different life experiences we have known
I'm just one of many who loves Nature but then to each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment