Friday, December 9, 2011

My Own Self I Do Not Seem To Know

To my life many people come and go
Yet my own self I do not seem to know
And since myself I do not know all does seem strange to me
And only strangers everywhere I see.

To a higher principle hard to remain true
When the world is ruled by the unworthy few
And because of them so much suffering many have been through
And for the less fortunate nothing I can do.

I watch on as man our Planet Earth destroy
And creatures become extinct and people suffer and die
And yet our lives in time an average in years of three score
And few live to be seventy or more.

What's life about I often wonder why
For time ticks on and the years go quickly by
I must be useless I can only watch in vain
Whilst all around me there is death and pain?

I don't have friends and my friends were so few
They were the people that I never knew
And my own self I do not seem to know
And people to my life just come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment