Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On Hearing A Blackbird

I hear the blackbird singing he's sung since dawn of day
And everytime I hear that voice it takes me to far away
And again I walk on a day in Spring through the wood on higher ground
So good to breathe the mountain air and birdsong all around.

The gold billed blackbird singing on branch of cypress tree
At the verge of his border proclaiming territory
His borderline invisible you look you cannot see
But he know where that line is it's in his memory.

Each time I hear the blackbird I walk the wood again
And wildflowers blooming healthy fresh from life giving rain
And sunshine through the scattering clouds and everywhere so green
And the little dipper piping on rock in mountain stream.

The man may leave his valley for places far away
But the valley travel with him and the mountain in him stay
And the carolling of songbird he knew bring back the by gone day
And memories come flooding of green woods of the May.

I hear the blackbird singing on branch of cypress tree
And memories of the past once more are coming back to me
And robin in the woodland pipe upon the leafy bough
And skylark in the heavens lilt above the mountain brow.

No comments:

Post a Comment