Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Would Only Call Somebody Sir

I would only call somebody sir at the point of a gun
And I was cornered in a place with nowhere out to run
Then I would plead and for mercy beg and on my bended knee
Say you can have my wallet sir but leave my life with me.

The famous sirs and dames that we know of got their titles from royalty
Bestowed on the high achievers of Great Britain and every Commonwealth Country
As if they had not enough of wealth already as well as enough of fame
They are given more importance with a title to their name.

If those people who nominate people for such awards for humanity's interests care
There are plenty people out there who do more than their own share
For the poor and disadvantaged there are many unsung heroes who
Some form of recognition for their achievements are overdue.

Of the royals and those titled by them too much written and said
And though I do not bear them any ill to them I would not bow my head
And to someone with a gun pointed at me sir I would have to say
But to those who help the have nots respect I will always pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment