Friday, June 24, 2011

A Confession

It must have been the effects of the beer
For he told me something I ought not to hear
Something that few men wish to brag about
But he was drunk and he let it slip out.

That he often thumped his ex wife around
And he often even kicked her on the ground
With him she must have had a rotten life
And not surprising she is his ex wife.

You'd swear that butter would not melt in his mouth
As he does not seem in any way uncouth
And he is one with a Uni degree
Yet there's more to People than the eye can see.

I am not one to act on his defence
But he also told me something that made sense
That he often watched his mum beat by his dad
A better role model he might have had.

I haven't spoken to him since that night
But now I see him as a lesser light
Since he confessed that his ex wife he abused
And at what he said I did not feel amused.

In science and physics he has his degree
Still he is not what I made him out to be
The worst judge of other people must be me
And I hope it is the last of him I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment