Monday, February 27, 2012

I May Seem Pessimistic

I may seem pessimistic though I am not without hope
But in this World of many pitfalls I do struggle for to cope
Some see me as a bit dippy not quite right in the head
Though worse things I remember about me have been said.

In my Primary school going days in the fifties in Millstreet Primary school
The teacher often sat me upon the dunce's stool
But the bright boys of the class-room they too now grow old and gray
And time doesn't wait for anyone they have known a better day.

I go through life anonymously without much success
I've known my bits of sadness and times of happiness
In Millstreet in Duhallow mine was a well known face
But life goes on without me back in the old Homeplace.

The Finnow towards the Blackwater it slowly winds it's way
Through rushy fields and grassy fields and by hedgerows night and day
And to that old green Countryside the Seasons come and go
And the rivers to the ocean onwards and forever flow.

I may seem pessimistic at times most of us are that way
But life for us all a temporary gift we live from day to day
The boys I went to school with were far brighter boys than I
But they grow old as I do and one day we all must die.

No comments:

Post a Comment