Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Others I Cannot Blame

For my lack of happiness others I cannot blame
For happiness and sense of self perhaps are of the same
'Tis easy to blame others if things for us not going right
And to the little window that leads to the soul not hard to block out light.

The man he feels unhappy and for that he blames his wife
He says she dominates him and gives him the hardest life
But is there any written law that with her he must stay?
This talk of till death do us part only religious hearsay.

I cannot put the blame on others if I lack in happiness
Because of me and me alone my life is in a mess
'Twould seem impossible at the same time for to smile and to feel sad
Compared to the millions of the less fortunate than I am my life doesn't seem too bad.

We ought not to put the blame on others for the way that we feel
Though our problems when compared to others to us are very real
And though words are easily spoken the true facts we do deny
When for our unhappiness we put the blame on others to ourselves we only lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment