Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Will Not Criticize You

I will not criticize you since you are clever and wise
But you and I like everyone else see things through different eyes
When you say my verse is slipshod perhaps you may be right
But I never said I was a poet I am a lesser light.

If I should give up writing of boredom I would die
For penning rhymes and jingles is somethng I do enjoy
To rhyme I've been addicted since nineteen seventy three
And I will go on rhyming though my rhymes won't outlive me.

A host of little raindrops run down the window pane
And birds sing in the garden and frogs sing in the rain
And leaves upon the gum tree are stirring in the breeze
And yet the day is not cold around sixteen degrees.

I love the sounds of Nature her voice is never loud
Though thunder in the dawning clap above the gray rain cloud
The man created noise is shriller than any natural sound
And far from man made buildings Nature's peace to be found.

I will not criticize you though you say my verses are doggerel
For there is some truth in what you say as I know all too well
But if I should give up rhyming I would feel bored to tears
For I have been a rhymer for more than thirty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment