Friday, January 27, 2012

I Had No Power To Keep You

I had no power to keep you I'll only have you know
That water must flow downhill uphill it cannot flow
You have made your decision and I won't fight to keep you
Since him you do love better and love rings ever true.

'Tis said if someone loves you that to you they will return
But your flame of love for me has quenched whilst mine for you still burn
You left me for another with a love ache in my heart
I did not have the power to keep you so with you I did part.

I will not send you roses or for you write a love rhyme
Though the love that I feel for you may not fade out in time
You are gone from me forever and you won't be coming back
The urgings of your heart you follow we all choose our life track.

Had I the power to keep you such power I would not use
Since you had the right to leave me and that right I dare not abuse
Your parting kiss lacked passion just a soft peck on the cheek
And I wept in your presence some men view that as weak.

When you used to say you loved me your heart ruled by your head
Although at those times perhaps you meant the words you said
And perhaps you felt you loved me until he came along
And feelings of the heart took over and love of the heart more strong.

I had no power to keep you I'll only have you know
The stream has to flow downhill and you went with the flow
You love somebody better and though in my heart there is love ache
I hope your new love will work out for you if only for your sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment