Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Better Days May Well Be Gone

Though I've been told what I already know that my better days are gone
I don't intend to lie down and die no I will carry on
Until the reaper who claims all life will come for to claim me
Some time in the future whenever that may be.

My better days may well be gone but that doesn't mean that I
Should sit and pine for my lost youth and for decades long gone by
And moan of my lost opportunities and of how the years just seemed to fly
No but I will make the most of life and what time is left to me I will enjoy.

My better days may well be gone but that doesn't bother me
And I won't be found hanging off of a rope tied to a low strong branch of tree
I will live on for as long as I can and of old age fade away
For as Longfellow the poet once said 'it is not always may'

No comments:

Post a Comment