Saturday, December 29, 2012

Those Who Tell Me To Quit Writing

You've written too much stuff some I know to me say
And 'tis time you gave penning of doggerel away
But I am quite stubborn their advice I don't heed
Though as a writer I know I won't succeed.

I know I am many years past my life's prime
But I am addicted to doggerel rhyme
I'm not one you would call of literary note
And I do not even warrant the title of a minor poet.

An addictive person I pen doggerel
One might say I am in my own Earthly Hell
To say I could quit would only be a lie
I will be penning stuff till the day that I die.

Those who tell me to quit writing I don't heed their advice
And though the high price of failure I have paid that price
I will pen till to the scythe of the Reaper I'll fall
The one who does claim the life's breath from us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment