Friday, March 30, 2012

I Am Not One To Be Talking

Twenty five million refugees in refugee camps is Humanity's great shame
And here am I a selfish man yearning for wealth and fame
Save for circumstance of birth 'twould seem one of them might be me
And I might be in a refugee camp a Stateless refugee.

I should be happy with my lot but I only crave for more
Recognition and money for one close to three score
Of years that's not a healthy attitude and to me the words too apply
That I have used for others such as me, myself and I.

So many must grow poorer for every new millionaire
And far too many hungry, homeless and Stateless and far too few who care
About the squalor that they live in we think of our own need
And the barriers to justice and fair play for all people are ignorance and greed.

I am not one to be talking as I am not one without sin
But even I too can feel saddened to think that many must lose for one to win
And millions around the World live in abject poverty
Which speaks far more than words can ever say of our inhumanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment