Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bairbre O ' Hogan

Her late mother was a friend of Winifred M Letts an all time great Irish lady of rhyme
A woman who penned many beautiful poems and one of Ireland's great poets of her time
And Bairbre O 'Hogan may write her biography If this be so 'tis one book I will buy
One can only hope that she will be successful as success is always there for those who try.

As a girl Bairbre did know Winifred Letts one who died more than three decades ago
I envy her she knew a famous person as famed as anyone could wish to know
She penned the famous poem 'The Spires of Oxford' one of the finest poems of World war 1
'Tis said she penned it in a train at Oxford the whole World owes her for a job well done.

Winifred M Letts though classified as Irish to any Nation her type doesn't belong
In her time she was quite a Worldly woman and she was indeed a true princess of song
I hope that Bairbre will write her biography and in so doing success and fame enjoy
For Winifred M Letts was such a marvellous wordsmith one of my heroines when I was a boy.

Good on you Bairbre O 'Hogan is all I can say I hope that book on poet Letts you will write
One of the leading poets of World war 1 and in her time a poetic leading light
It is a worth-while project that you wish to work on and I hope for you that your dream will come true
You research the life of one of Ireland's finest writers and for that credit you surely are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment